A few weeks ago I tried a no churn ice cream recipe for an upcoming #followfriday feature. I loved it so much that I decided to create my own version. (Find the original recipe from Kathleen at The Fresh Cooky here!) Just imagine creamy, birthday cake-flavored ice cream filled with cookie crumbs and topped with sprinkles and more cookies. This no churn birthday cake ice cream tastes as magical as it sounds!
This recipe uses two types of Goodie Girl cookies, Birthday Cake cookies and Magical Animal crackers. The cookies are gluten free, but don’t let that turn you off. Even gluten-tolerant folks love the flavor and texture, so do yourself a favor and try them out!
I love no churn ice cream recipes because they’re super simple to make but just as delicious as more traditional ice cream recipes. Prep should take you no more than 20 minutes. Then all you have to do is wait for the ice cream to set in the freezer!
Start by placing a standard-sized loaf pan in the freezer.
Then crush 16 Birthday Cake cookies into fine crumbs. (Honestly, you can crush them into larger crumbs, too. It all depends on how much texture you want.) The easiest way to do this is by using a food processor, but you can also place the cookies into a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Mix the crumbs with the sweetened condensed milk and cake batter extract. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. The texture will resemble store-bought whipped cream. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cookie mixture until completely combined.
Note: This post includes affiliate links. There’s no extra cost when you make a purchase through an affiliate link, but I do receive a little compensation. Thank you for supporting Roses & Whiskers!
Pour the ice cream into the frozen loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth it out. Then top with sprinkles, additional Birthday Cake cookies and Magical Animal crackers for a fun, whimsical finish.
Let the ice cream chill in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving. (Let it chill for an hour before covering with aluminum foil.)
Tag me @rosesandwhiskers on Instagram if you try this no churn birthday cake ice cream recipe and use the hashtag #rosesandwhiskers. Also don’t forget to try Kathleen’s version! Happy baking. 🙂
Birthday Cake No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp cake batter extract
- 16 Goodie Girl Birthday Cake cookies crushed into fine crumbs
- assorted sprinkles, and Goodie Girl Birthday Cake cookies and Magical Animal crackers for topping
- Place a standard-sized loaf pan in the freezer.
- Crush 16 Goodie Girl Birthday Cake cookies in a food processor until finely crumbed. (Or if you want even more texture, crush them into larger crumbs.)
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, cake batter extract and cookie crumbs.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. It will resemble actual whipped cream.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cookie mixture until it’s completely combined.
- Pour the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Top with sprinkles and additional cookies as desired.
- Let the ice cream set in the freezer for at least 4 hours. (Wait an hour before covering the pan with aluminum foil.) Serve and enjoy!
[…] if you are looking for something gluten free, that is very celebratory, try Roses & Whiskers Birthday Cake No Churn Ice Cream! […]
[…] friend Roses & Whiskers borrowed a recipe from a fellow blogger and we are in LOVE! Just imagine creamy, birthday […]