Ice cream recipes aren’t just for summer. Especially not when the flavor screams fall, like this brown sugar cinnamon crunch ice cream. The recipe is no churn and would taste delicious with an apple pie or other fall-inspired dessert. But this ice cream also stands perfectly fine on its own. All you need is a spoon! You’ll love the creamy texture (with a little bit of crunch), and the spicy sweetness of the brown sugar and cinnamon.
This post was sponsored by Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk. All opinions are my own.
The quality of ingredients used in any recipe determines the quality of the finished product. That’s why I prefer Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk for my no churn ice cream recipes. I’ve used store-brand in the past, but Eagle Brand® produces a silkier ice cream.
Place a standard-sized loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
Next, heat the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter is melted and the mixture resembles wet sand. Remove the brown sugar from the heat just when it begins to bubble and pour it into a large glass bowl.
Stir the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla with the brown sugar until until completely combined. The mixture should be smooth, although it may continue bubbling a little (the sugar will still be hot).
Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. This will resemble actual whipped cream.
Stir 1 cup of cinnamon rice chex cereal into the sugar mixture and then gently fold in the whipped cream. Make sure the ingredients are completely combined. Pour the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup of crushed chex cereal on top. Put the ice cream in the freezer to chill for at least 4 hours. (Cover the pan with aluminum foil once it’s been chilling for an hour.)
Serve in a cone or dish and garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired. Keep the recipe gluten free by using gluten free ice cones, like I did.
Tag me @rosesandwhiskers on Instagram if you try my brown sugar cinnamon crunch no churn ice cream and use the hashtag #rosesandwhiskers. Happy baking! 🙂
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Crunch No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz. Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups cinnamon rice chex cereal
- Place a standard-sized loaf pan in the freezer.
- Heat the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a medium sauce pan on medium-low heat until the butter is melted and the texture of the sugar resembles wet sand. Remove the sugar mixture from the heat when it just begins to bubble. Pour the sugar mixture into a large glass bowl.
- Stir in the condensed milk and vanilla until completely combined. The mixture may continue bubbling a little.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. It will resemble actual whipped cream.
- Gently stir 1 cup of cinnamon rice chex cereal into the sugar mixture. Then fold in the heavy cream until it’s completely combined.
- Pour the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan. Top with ¼ cup of crushed chex cereal.
- Let the ice cream set in the freezer for at least 4 hours. (Wait an hour before covering the pan with aluminum foil.) Serve and enjoy!