These turkey cupcakes would make the cutest addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table. Gather up your kids to join in the baking fun or turn this into a solo project. Either way, these will surely be a hit with the whole family!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 fall cupcakes (like these pumpkin cupcakes)
- chocolate frosting (try chocolate cream cheese buttercream frosting or a more traditional chocolate buttercream like the one included here)
- vanilla frosting (like the one included here)
- 12 turkey-shaped sugar cookies (try these pumpkin sugar cookies)
- sharp knife
- red food coloring
- orange food coloring
- piping bags
- Wilton tip #18 (or another small star piping tip)
- Wilton tips #3 and #5 (or two other small round piping tips)
- Wilton tip 1M (or another large small piping tip)
- Sprinkle Pop’s “talk turkey to me” mix
First, use Wilton tip 1M to pipe a swirl on top of each cupcake. Add the sprinkles immediately after frosting (so frost one cupcake, add sprinkles, and repeat).
If you use the traditional chocolate buttercream recipe I linked to, be sure to double it.
Now cut the heads and chest off of the turkey cookies and place on one side of the frosting swirl. If you don’t have a turkey cookie cutter, you can buy one here.
Note: I earn a small commission every time you make a purchase through an affiliate link. But there’s no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Roses & Whiskers.
Dye a small amount of vanilla frosting red and another little bit orange. Honestly you won’t need very much, maybe 1/4 cup of each color. Pipe an orange beak onto each turkey head using Wilton tip #5. Then pipe a red wattle onto the turkey’s next using Wilton tip #18.
Finally, use Wilton tip #3 to pipe chocolate eyes for each turkey.
Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @rosesandwhiskers if you make these turkey cupcakes and use the hashtag #rosesandwhiskers. I can’t wait to see your creations!