Happy National Ice Cream Month! Today I’m sharing my first no churn ice cream recipe, which I think you’ll absolutely love: s’mores no churn ice cream! Marshmallow fluff is whipped into the base to give it a light and fluffy texture. There are also graham cracker pieces mixed in for a little crunch, and chocolate swirled throughout for flavor. Top it off with mini marshmallows, more graham crackers and mini chocolate bars.
This recipe is easy to make gluten free. All you need is gluten free graham crackers. I used Pamela’s brand, honey graham flavor. But this would also be delicious with cinnamon graham crackers.
I tested this recipe while celebrating the 4th with my in-laws in Wisconsin. My father-in-law (or FIL, as I lovingly call him) has a huge sweet tooth, and he wholeheartedly approved.
Place a standard loaf pan in the freezer to chill while you prepare the ice cream mixture.
Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave using the instructions on the bag. I prefer milk chocolate chips, but I’ve also used a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
Break several sheets of graham crackers into small pieces until you have 1 cup. Then mix that together with the condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Use either a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Then whip in the marshmallow fluff until just combined. Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture using a spatula.
Pour half of the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan. Spoon dollops of melted chocolate on top and use a knife to cut it into the ice cream, forming a swirl pattern. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and chocolate.
Top with mini marshmallows, mini Hershey’s bars and more graham cracker pieces. Place in the freezer to chill for at least 4 hours before serving. (Wait about an hour before covering with aluminum foil.)
S'mores No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz. marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup gluten free graham cracker pieces or substitute gluten-full graham crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted and slightly cooled
- mini marshmallows, mini Hershey's bars and graham cracker pieces for topping
- Place a standard loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave according to the instructions on the bag. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use your hands to break several sheets of graham crackers into small pieces, until you have 1 cup. In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk, vanilla and graham cracker pieces until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. As soon as you have stiff peaks, whip in the marshmallow fluff until just combined.
- Fold the cream mixture gently into the condensed milk mixture with a spatula. Pour half of it into the chilled pan. Spoon dollops of melted chocolate on top (about half). Use a knife to cut the chocolate into the ice cream, forming a swirl pattern. Pour the remaining ice cream on top, and repeat the dollops and swirl with the remaining chocolate.
- Top with mini marshmallows, mini Hershey bars and more graham cracker pieces. Place in the freezer to chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Cover the pan with foil after the ice cream has chilled for about an hour. Enjoy!