I don’t know about where you live, but it’s been crazy hot in North Carolina recently. The heat makes the thought of baking less enjoyable, which is why I’m all about no churn ice cream right now. It’s also about time I gave my favorite flavor combo some love. I could happily eat peanut butter and chocolate every day for the rest of my life. If you’re like me, then you’ll love this no churn peanut butter cup ice cream!
Imagine this: Creamy peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter chunks, chocolate swirls and peanut butter cups mixed in. And the recipe is naturally gluten free! This, like my s’mores no churn ice cream recipe, is incredibly easy to make.
Place a standard loaf pan in the freezer to chill while you prepare the ice cream mixture.
Start by melting the chocolate and peanut butter chips (separately) in the microwave using the instructions on the bag. Set aside to cool slightly.
Mix 1 cup of Reese’s minis with the condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl. The 7.6 oz. bag of minis (unwrapped) is the perfect amount for this recipe.
Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture using a spatula. Pour half of the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan. Spoon dollops of melted chocolate and peanut butter on top and use a knife to cut it into the ice cream, forming a swirl pattern. Note that the swirl won’t be very pronounced. You’ll end up with little chunks of peanut butter and chocolate. Repeat with the remaining ice cream, chocolate and peanut butter.
Tag me on Instagram @rosesandwhiskers if you try this recipe for no churn peanut butter cup ice cream, and use the hashtag #rosesandwhiskers. I hope you love it as much as I do! Happy baking! 🙂
No Churn Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup Reese's minis plus a handful for topping
- Place a standard loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- Melt the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips (separately) in the microwave according to the instructions on the bags. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk, vanilla and 1 cup of mini Reese's until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. (It will literally look like whipped cream.) As soon as you have stiff peaks, whip in the peanut butter until just combined.
- Fold the cream mixture gently into the condensed milk mixture with a spatula. Pour half of it into the chilled pan. Spoon dollops of melted chocolate and melted peanut butter on top (about half). Use a knife to cut the chocolate and peanut butter into the ice cream, forming a swirl pattern. Note that the swirl won't be very pronounced, but you'll end up with little chunks of peanut butter and chocolate throughout. Pour the remaining ice cream on top, and repeat the dollops and swirl with the remaining chocolate.
- Top with more mini Reese's. Place in the freezer to chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Cover the pan with foil after the ice cream has chilled for about an hour. Enjoy!